In March of 2017, Facing Addiction’s selected 15 communities to participate in their Pilot Community Project. Recovery Anne Arundel applied and WON!
Now we start the work…
Facing Addiction is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to unifying the voices of the more than 45 million Americans and their families directly impacted by addiction. Facing Addiction is bringing together the best resources in the field to reduce the human and social costs of addiction, every year, until this public health crisis is eliminated.
Over the course of the next year we will work together with them to execute the following goals in each community:
- Secure increases in localized funding to adequately address the addiction crisis
- Train advocates on proper organizational and advocacy techniques to reform their community’s response
- Invest time and resources in communication opportunities with elected officials and other decision makers
- Provide media guidance to garner press coverage to further highlight the solutions to the problem
- Develop political strategies and aid community stakeholders in the development of an overarching “campaign strategy”
Please click the link below to sign up and determine “where you fit in” to our mission.